My Blog List

Pages" flashvars="t1=D. Brent, D. Daneil, Aggie, Me, Michael, Squeegy, Roxy and Tiffany&t2=The WiddlyTink Family&sc=0xFF00FF&pv1=1&pn1=11&px1=243.55&pf1=1&pv2=1&pn2=36&px2=180.8&pf2=0&pv3=1&pn3=1&px3=317.85&pf3=1&pv4=1&pn4=1&px4=128.8&pf4=0&pv5=1&pn5=37&px5=358.8&pf5=1&pv6=1&pn6=1&px6=62.8&pf6=1&pv7=1&pn7=38&px7=397.8&pf7=1&pv8=1&pn8=38&px8=442&pf8=0" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="500" height="230" name="My Stick Family" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="" />
My Stick Family from

Michael & I

Michael & I

Me and my daddy's

Me and my daddy's
Daneil, I & Brent

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lucas story

Lucas was born 12/9/2010 @ 8:30 pm. After Lucas was born. Michael said to me. Look can you believe Lucas was inside of you. It seemed so unreal. Then I realized. I didn't have any motherly insists towards Lucas. Don't get me wrong. I mean Lucas not my baby. But I did realize that for the next 24 hours. I was in charge of Lucas. Till Lucas Daddy's arrived.

At about 11:30 pm Thursday night. Nic-unit Ped Dr. came into my room. Lucas had several episodes of sleep apnea. Plus they were also concerned with fluid in Lucas lungs. So they moved Lucas from the bay nursery to nic-unit. The Dr. put Lucas on a c-pap machine to help him breath while he is sleeping.

I immediately called my Mom. I decided to wait till my IF's arrived at the hospital the next morning. I had the Ped. Dr. talk to Lucas Dads. My big worry for them. They were flying into San Fransisco. Then driving two hours to Sacramento. The next morning. I called RP and spoke to our coordinator. I informed her of the last 24 hours. She agreed about waiting till B & D arrived at the hospital.

Then my nurse came in and got me up. She took me into see Lucas. He was puffy. But they did remove the c-pap. He had on a nasal oxygen. When I spoke to Lucas. He opened his eyes and looked right at me.

Once B & D arrived by 2pm. The Ped Dr. meet with them in my room. Then took them to meet their son. They both broke down when they saw him.

I on the other have started pumping my breast milk. My milk didn't come in till Saturday morning. I've been pumping about every 2-3 hours.

D & B bought me a medela breast pump. When I get released from the hospital today. I am going to continue pumping. Till B & D take Lucas home.

Lucas will remain in the nicu unit. Lucas is breathing on his own now. He needs to eat 45ml of bottle milk per feeding. Before he can be released.

I have lost 10 pounds since giving birth last Thursday night.

My hormones kicked in last night. As I was watching Brothers and Sister on ABC. I know its natural. I am going back to college to get my AA in Business Administration. So now I have something to focas on.

No comments: